Who is the Caviar CRU?
We are Caviar Sommeliers
The French wine term "Cru" translates closely to "growth." More precisely, it references a superior growing site or vineyard. For winemakers in countries like France, Italy, and Germany, Cru labeling is an official marker of excellence.
The caviar industry has no such official indications of quality -- terms, grading levels, and claims to excellence are at the discretion of the seller. With all the factors that have to be considered when judging caviar and the dramatic change from wild to farmed caviar over the past 2 decades, there is more need than ever to accurately denote which caviars are superior.
As pioneers of the caviar industry for over 3 decades, we have established strong connections with top caviar farmers around the world, enabling us to buy large volumes of their best products for the top restaurants in the US. Our expertise, strict quality control, and access to a plethora of origins and species allows us to filter through and ensure our customers enjoy only the absolute best caviar.
What sets us apart from other caviar brands?
- We are family-owned and operated.
- We only buy from sustainable farms with great reputations and high regards to animal welfare, cleanliness, water quality, grading processes, etc.
- Our company goes through over 10 tons of caviar and roe every year, allowing us to choose from a much larger selection than the average US caviar brand.
- We import from the largest variety of caviar producers and species around the world. It's not common to have as many sources and types of caviar as we do.
- The Cru does the hard work for you. Our grading processes are extremely extensive, meaning we personally hand-sort through hundreds of caviar containers per week to find the small selection of caviar worthy of the Cru label.
- Our pricing is fair. While caviar is and never should be a cheap product, we strive to make it as affordable as possible. Our large-volume facility also allows us to get best pricing from farmers, passing it directly on to you.
- We are very transparent. You won't hear fluff and made up caviar terms here... Our products sell themselves and we love educating people about caviar. Ask us anything!
- We offer Free Shipping - Nobody wants to pay for shipping in this day and age. Also, caviar is expensive to ship, it needs to go fast and ice gets heavy. so don't worry, the caviar CRU has got you covered!