We are Caviar Sommeliers
The French wine term "Cru" translates closely to "growth." More precisely, it references a superior growing site or vineyard. For European winemaking countries like France and Italy, Cru labeling is an official marker of excellence. Because of how quickly the caviar industry has changed from being only a wild product to mostly farmed, there is no official indication of quality. Terms, grading, and quality standards are the discretion of the seller. With all the factors that must be considered when judging caviar, there is more need than ever to accurately denote which caviars are truly superior.
For decades, our family has been scouring the globe for the best caviar. We have established strong connections with fishermen and top caviar farms around the world, enabling us to grade out large volumes of their best products for top chefs and restaurants in the US. Our experience, strict quality control, and access to a plethora of origins and species allows us to filter through all the good caviar to ensure our customers enjoy only the absolute best.
What sets CRU apart from other caviar brands?
- Our company supplies a large portion of the caviar/roe in the US market, allowing us to choose from a much larger selection than the average caviar brand. We import from the largest variety of caviar producers and species around the world. It's not common to have as many sources and types of caviar as we do.
- The Cru does the hard work for you. Our grading processes are extremely extensive, meaning we personally hand-sort through dozens to hundreds of caviar containers per week to set aside a small selection of caviar worthy of the Cru label.
- We only buy from sustainable farms with great reputations and high regard to animal welfare, government regulations, cleanliness, water quality, grading processes, etc.
- We are family-owned, operated and woman-led.
- Our pricing is fair. While caviar is and never should be a cheap product, we strive to make it as affordable as possible. Our large-volume facility also allows us to get best pricing from farmers, passing it directly on to you.
- We are very transparent. We don't pretend to own farms or misrepresent species or origins of our products... We want to educate caviar lovers to uphold the integrity and unique characteristics of every sturgeon, fish, and egg.
- We offer Free Shipping - Caviar can get expensive to ship, it needs to go fast and be heavily iced.. but don't worry, the caviar CRU has got you covered! Any order that includes caviar ships for free!