Who is the Caviar CRU?
We are Caviar Sommeliers.
The French wine term "Cru" translates closely to "growth." More precisely, it references a superior growing site or vineyard. For European winemaking countries like France and Italy, Cru labeling is an official marker of excellence...
The caviar industry has no such official indications of quality. Terms, grading, and quality standards are the discretion of the seller. With all the factors that must be considered when judging caviar, paired with the dramatic change from wild to farmed sourcing over the past 2 decades, there is more need than ever to accurately denote which caviars are truly superior.
As pioneers of the American caviar industry, our family has established strong connections with fishermen and top caviar farmers around the world for decades, enabling us to grade out large volumes of their best products for the best chefs and restaurants in the US. Our experience, strict quality control, and access to a plethora of origins and species allows us to filter through and ensure our customers enjoy only the absolute best caviar.
What sets us apart from other caviar brands?
- We are family-owned, operated and woman-led.
- We only buy from sustainable farms with great reputations and high regards to animal welfare, government regulations, cleanliness, water quality, grading processes, etc.
- Our company supplies over 10 tons of caviar and roe every year, allowing us to choose from a much larger selection than the average US caviar brand.
- We import from the largest variety of caviar producers and species around the world. It's not common to have as many sources and types of caviar as we do.
- The Cru does the hard work for you. Our grading processes are extremely extensive, meaning we personally hand-sort through hundreds of caviar containers per week to find the small selection of caviar worthy of the Cru label.
- Our pricing is fair. While caviar is and never should be a cheap product, we strive to make it as affordable as possible. Our large-volume facility also allows us to get best pricing from farmers, passing it directly on to you.
- We are very transparent. You won't be tested with fabricated, confusing caviar terms or ambiguous labeling... Our caviar sells itself and we love educating people about it! Ask us a question.
- We offer Free Shipping - Caviar can get expensive to ship, it needs to go fast and ice gets heavy.. but don't worry, the caviar CRU has got you covered!